Easy New Year's Eve Party Dishes, Gluten Free Style!
What's a Gluten Free gal to do? It's New Year's Eve and you have friends ready to come over for a festive party, but you don't want to serve bland gluten free party food....here's a few ways to spice up your party offerings, gluten free style!
• Fresh Veggies & Fruit Platter - This may be a boring option, but think outside the box with your offerings. For veggies, think edamame, water chest nuts, kale chips (made by baking with olive oil and salt), sweet potato fries and /or red peppers. Fruits, try kiwi, star fruit, mango slices, and / or apricots.
• Corn Chips & Guacamole - Always a hit! There are plenty of tortilla chips on the market that are made entirely or corn and gluten free! Pair this with salsa with a crushed avocado or make your own with an avocado, tomato, fresh lime, sea salt (check it out dead sea salt benefits) and orange.
• Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla chips & Fruit Salsa - Try a twist on chips and salsa by using a gluten free tortilla, cut into squares, then spray with a cooking spray (gluten free of course!) and then bake with a bit of cinnamon and sugar sprinkled. Couple this with a fruit salsa made with chopped strawberries, kiwi, banana, and mango.
• Mini Pizza Bar - There are several great gluten free pizza dough mixes. Pre-make plenty of gluten free pizza crusts and provide gluten free toppings such as cheese, artichokes, mushrooms, sausage, pepperoni and / or peppers. This is also a great option if you have vegetarian guests.
• Omelet Bar - Who says omelets are for breakfast? In the same these fashion as the pizza bar idea, provide gluten free ingredients for your guests to make their own omelets. Unlike the pizza bar idea, this would not be best idea if you have vegan guest.
While it will be more enjoyable for you, the gluten free host, if you prepare all the gluten free food yourself to avoid worrying about cross-contamination, don't fret too much if your guests do bring a dish over for the festivities. After all the best party of the party is the party itself!